World Affairs Council Spotlight on Turkey
Turkey Lesson Plan
*** Here are the resources/sites I referenced in discussing the above lesson plan:
- Newseum Front Pages: This is a great resource to have students read the news from another country for Point of View and to learn what is going on. Each region has at least one newspaper in English. Students can search by region, country, or name of the paper. You will see the front page PDF, click on the blue website link to go to the actual newspaper website to explore the news.
- Voice Thread: Voice Thread is a great way to have conversations in the cloud. Leverage technology to give those quiet stealth students a voice. Read about how to integrate Voice Thread into your history class room with samples and how-to's in this blog post.
- Daily Read: Daily Read offers a free and engaging way get students reading the news and other current event articles. Students have access to leveled readings, linked articles for further inquiry, a poll question to take a position on, and a thought provoking question where students take a position and type their response.
- iMovie Trailer Storyboards: Use these helpful PDFs to have your students storyboard their video before they search for images. Research and planning the text is an important early part of making a video to convey information.
- California Council for the Social Studies Classroom Technology Blog: Here you will find a variety of technology tools and resources for the history classroom.